As an entrepreneur how would you rate your health?
You may be thinking that as an entrepreneur you do not have time to care for your health and truth be told maybe you haven’t even stopped long enough to examine your health.
According to the World Health Organisation, health is not just the absence of disease or infirmity. It is a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing.
Let’s look at health as a continuum of totally not well on one side and totally well on the other side. The things we do every single day allow us to slide in either direction. I like to think of it as making small adjustments every day to maintain my balance or equilibrium. I also think of it as what you put in is what you get out.
Let’s do a quick look at your health – physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual. These questions are meant to increase your awareness about your health and encourage you to take action. I do recommend that if you have any concerns that you go and visit your doctor. Take some time to answer these questions for yourself. Be honest. If you find that you are not happy with your answers, please prioritise change.
- How much do you move every day? Are you living a sedentary lifestyle?
- Can you walk up the stairs without getting out of breath?
- Can you touch your toes or get up out of your chair without everything creaking?
- Do you sleep well and get enough uninterrupted sleep?
- Are you living on take-out or skipping meals?
- Are you forgetting more easily than you did before?
- Has there been changes in your urinary or digestive systems?
- Have you noticed that your hearing and sight have changed?
- When last did you have your cholesterol, blood pressure and urine checked?
- Are you aware of your emotions and are you processing them or hiding them?
- How long ago did you laugh?
- Do you have friends?
- Do your friends have your back?
- Do you spend time in nature?
- Are you making time for you to spend me-time.
- Do you feel anxious or scared?
- Are you practicing gratitude?
- If you pray, when last did you pray?
- If you had to describe your life with one word. Which word would you choose?
- How are you managing your stress levels?
- Do you work in a supportive or toxic environment?
- Do you meditate or spend quiet time?
It only takes small changes every day for you to see a huge difference. Of course, it is tempting to think that there is plenty of time and you will make changes in a few years or when you get to a specific goal.
We think there is time when there really isn’t. Ensure that your future self will thank you for the choices you made today.
submitted by Colleen Qvist (Master Coach)
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are those of the author.